The program improvement process is one of the most critical functions of KECSAC. Each year, our team visits every state agency program to assist them in meeting the expectations set forth by the Kentucky Department of Education as well as KECSAC. The team consists of Angela Austin, who serves the Western Region, and Peggy Shearer who serves the Eastern Region. Their wealth of experience in the Kentucky system of schools as educators enables them to work with state agency programs to enhance the quality of service provided in the Commonwealth.
Below are resources and documents to help prepare for program visits. KECSAC staff can assist you with inquiries regarding the program improvement process.
Due to restrictions currently in place, most program improvement visits will take place virtually during the 2020 Fall semester. CLICK HERE for a brief video on how to compile and submit documentation for your program prior to your visit!
KECSAC Forms, Samples & Templates
- Recommended Practices for Improving Educational Outcomes in State Agency Programs
- Program Improvement Self Assessment Link (to be completed prior to scheduled visit)
- Reference Document for Self Assessment *Note - you will use the link above to complete the assessment. This document is just for reference.
- KECSAC SIDE Document (Standards, Indicators, Descriptors and Evidence)
- Addendum to SIDE - Extended Learning Opportunities
- KECSAC Program Improvement Tool 2020-21
- Program Improvement Plan Template
- KECSAC Program Improvement Plan Sample
- Implementation & Impact Check Sample
- Implementation & Impact Check Template
- Individualized Student Transition Form Sample
- Transition Plan Sample 1
- Transition Plan Sample 2
- Individual Plan of Instruction Template
- Lesson Plan Sample
- Educational Passport