Don't forget to check the Bulletin Board section of the The Collaborative, KECSAC's quarterly newsletter, for current information on grant opportunites, professional development events and other resources your program may be able to take advantage of! Visit our Publications page for more newsletters and other resources.
Conferences and announcements throughout Kentucky can be found on the Kentucky Department of Education website.
Where the Heart Is
"Where the Heart Is" is a simple transition program aimed at creating a sense of belonging for youth moving from one educational setting to another. Click on the links below to learn more and download tools to use in your own programs!
- "Where the Heart Is" Brochure
- “Where the Heart Is” Resource Guide - Use this guide to find out how to use the resources below and for important national, state and local resources to guide you in helping youth at-risk.
- “Where the Heart Is” Flyer – Hang this in your school office to share information with your colleagues.
- “Where the Heart Is” Logo - Place this on your door or in your classroom to help students identify you as a safe person to talk to.
- “Where the Heart Is” Business Card - Print these out and put useful contact information on them for students leaving your program.
KDE RSS Newsfeeds
Below are links to the Kentucky Department of Education RSS Newsfeeds. You can click on the links to visit the page for each topic, or you can go to the KDE website here to subscribe to any of the feeds you would like.
- KDE Headlines
- Current Press Releases and Advisories
- Commissioner's Friday Fast Five
- Commissioner's Messages to Superintendents
- Commissioner's Messages to Teachers
- Commissioner Holliday's Blog
- KETS Tech Tips
- Reading First in Kentucky - What's New
- Read to Achieve - What's New
- SEEK / Tax Rates
- Webcast for District Technology Leaders - Office of Education Technology
- Uninterrupted Scholars Act - Letter from Commissioners Holliday and James
- Kentucky Department of Education Alternative Education Programs Website
- Student Records Transfer Data Standards
- Kentucky Student Information System (KSIS) Data Standards
- Educating Highly Mobile Students with Disabilities
- NYTD (National Youth in Transition Database) - FY 2011 Data Shapshot for Kentucky
- Solving the Data Puzzle - Legal Center for Foster Care & Education
- K-PREP 2011-2012 Assessments
- Kentucky Department of Education: Unbridled Learning (Senate Bill 1 Resources)
- February 2011 Legislative Bills Regarding Education
- February 2011 Commissioner's Report to Board of Education
- February 2011 KDE News Release Regarding Accountability
- Proposed Accountability Model for Next Generation Learners
- 2009-2010 KY Education Facts Sheet
- Child Welfare League of America
- Kentucky Center for School Safety
- Kentucky Virtual Schools
- Teaching Resources
- The Behavior Homepage
- The Kentucky Arts Council
- The Reclaiming Youth Network
- Time Saving Technology for Teachers
- Title 1 Neglected and Delinquent Project
- U.S. EPA Environmental Education Center
- The Rest of My Life: For Youth With Disabilities In Foster Care (Resource Manual)